Killaloe Convent Primary School is a seven teacher primary school located in the beautiful town of Killaloe, Co. Clare. There are five mainstream class teachers and two SETs.
The school has a part-time secretary and caretaker.It is an active and enthusiastic school.The children take part in many activities and competitions such as dancing, tennis, music, swimming, running, rugby, cooking, spike ball, camogie, basketball, art and table quizzes.Students go on regular field trips and yearly school tours.We have a beautiful school choir which sings for our school masses, the Confirmation and First Holy Communion. At Christmas, the girls perform in the Christmas Concert. Aistear, a methodology of learning through play is implemented in the infant classroom.The ‘Literacy Lift Off ‘ reading programme is implemented at numerous class levels.’Friends for Life‘, a mental health programme, was introduced during the 2015/ 2016 school year. Fun Friends was introduced to junior and senior infants during the 2016/2017 school year. The school is constantly making strides to improve and update it’s ICT facilities. Currently there are over 22 laptops available for use by the students. To date the school has been awarded Three Green Flags. One for recycling and reducing the waste and the other for reducing electricity consumption and the most recent one was for saving water. We are currently working towards our 4th flag, Travel. We have our sights on an Active School Flag and the school is making great progress towards being awarded this.
Subjects taught: English, Irish, Maths, History, Geography, Science, SPHE, PE, Art, Music, Drama and Religion.
At Killaloe Convent Primary School, we aspire to help each child reach her full potential in a Christian atmosphere where respect, responsibility and cooperation are central to all learning experiences
- To provide an education which enables the child to progress at her own rate, socially, intellectually and spiritually.
- To develop values to help the child to be well adjusted, to have a healthy self-image.
- To achieve a balance between the imparting of knowledge, development of skills and the following of leisure pursuits.
- To give an appreciation of our rich cultural heritage and respect for other cultures.
- To awaken a sense of civic pride in the local environment.
- To foster a sense of justice and respect for life… human, animal, and plant.
- To cultivate good relationships between all partners in Education